May 13, 2013

When It Rains It Pours...



So you’ve heard the saying “When it rains it pours”, right? Weeell...


…it started with our Ford Expedition having transmission problems (When it rains…), which leaves us with only the Xterra. Of course the air conditioner was not working in the Xterra …makes for a hot ride for 5 people. Can you say antiperspirant? Last Sunday night Chandler informs me he’s not getting any hot water for his shower. I looked at the hot water heater, and my fear was confirmed. The pan at the bottom is full of water …great, it’s not working, and we can’t afford this (…it pours…). My shower Monday morning was VERY cold and VERY quick. Monday the transmission guy calls (Please give me some good news) to let me know the transmission will cost $1836 to fix (So much for the good news …and it pours…). Will the rain ever stop?

 I talked to a really great friend about the water heater, and he said it needed to be replaced and he would help me replace it. The only cost was the water heater. I had a nice, hot shower this morning. So far so good (…and then the sun starts to shine. James 1:2-4, My brothers and sisters, consider it nothing but joy when you fall into all sorts of trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance have its perfect effect, so that you will be perfect and complete, not deficient in anything.).

Interestingly, our pastor’s message this past Sunday was on Abraham having to kill/sacrifice his son Isaac, and how Abraham reacted to this test. I hope I reacted well to our tests, and learned what I am supposed to learn ;-) Hopefully my next test will be what to do with the million $ that was left on my doorstep. Somehow I think I’ll have a few more tests before that one ;-) Oh well, I’m glad I know the Test Giver (Prov. 17:3 The crucible is for refining silver and the furnace is for goldlikewise the Lord tests hearts.).

Zephaniah 3:17, The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; He will comfort you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.  

2 Cor. 13:6, And I hope that you will realize that we have not failed the test!

1 Thess. 5:18, in everything give thanks. For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Love You,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment